The Infernal Devices Countdown!


Visit the Infernal Devices website!
To get the countdown widget, please click here!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Found A Demon In My Safest Haven...

Snazzy blogpost title, eh? Well, it comes from a song, so I didn't have to wrack my brain too hard to come up with it, haha. It's actually the first song I listened to after reading the Mortal Instruments series....and it was so weird because the song just FIT the story! Some songs can just fit with one part of the story, but this particular song encompassed the ENTIRE series, in my opinion.

It also happens to be by one of my favourite bands, too.... the song is Turn it Off by Paramore! Posted the lyrics & a music player below! If you haven't listened to the song, take a listen & read the lyrics. I love this song! And if you have listened to it, read the lyrics & maybe you'll see why I think this song fits with the whole feel of The Mortal Instrument series!

Be sure to leave your opinions, thoughts, etc. in the comments!


I scraped my knees when I was praying
And found a demon in my safest haven, seems like
It's getting harder to believe in anything
Than just to get lost in all my selfish thoughts

I wanna know what it'd be like
To find perfection in my pride
To see nothing in the light
Turn it off in all my spite
In all my spite, I'll turn it off

And the worst part is
Before it gets any better we're heading for a cliff
And in the free fall I will realize
I'm better off when I hit the bottom

The tragedy it seems an ending
I'm watching everyone I looked up to break and bending
We're taking shortcuts in for solutions
Just to come out the hero

Well, I can see behind the curtain
The world's cranking, turning so wrong
The way we're working
Towards a goal, that's not existent
[ Paramore Lyrics are found on www.songlyrics.com ]
It's not existent but we just keep believing

And the worst part is
Before it gets any better we're heading for a cliff
And in the free fall I will realize
I'm better off when I hit the bottom

I wanna know what it'd be like
To find perfection in my pride
To see nothing in the light
Just turn it off in all my spite
In all my spite, I'll turn it off
Just turn it off again, again, again, yeah

And the worst part is
Before it gets any better we're heading for a cliff
And in the free fall I will realize
I'm better off when I hit the bottom

And the worst part is
Before it gets any better we're heading for a cliff
And in the free fall I will realize
I'm better off when I hit the bottom



Also made two Jace banners! I absolutely ADORE how these banners came out-- they're techincally the same banner, but one has a quote & is tagged and the other has Jace's name & is untagged! Feel free to use them, but all I ask is give credit where credit is due!





^^ Click images to view full-size! ^^


Also, if you don't follow @AllThingsMortal on Twitter, then you should! Hehe...
Anyways, we have been doing "Mortal Instruments Quote of The Day"....so be sure to send us your quote suggestions via Twitter! We would love to read them, & more than likely we'll use them! And be sure to include the character that says the quote & the book its from!

Furthermore...many of you have noticed & have taken the poll on the sidebar! >> Keep voting! So far, City of Glass is winning & there's six days left for voting!

In addition, how awesome was the excerpt of Clockwork Angels & the snippet from City of Fallen Angels that Cassandra shared with us? Check it out by clicking here!

Well, this post is officially longer than I thought it would be! If you reached the end...Congrats because you are awesomeness!

More Mortal Instrument-y goodness to come! Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
Jackie (ATM --Admin)

No comments:

Post a Comment